I seem to have been so busy that I don't have time to get on everyday like I should. So I hope you all had a safe and happy new years celebration. I did not do a thing. lol, sometimes that is a good thing. So here is what I have been up to today, I have been in the baking and cooking mood today and I made two of my favorite things, little smokies and banana cake.
I am going to give you the little smokies recipe first. This is so simple and sooooo yummy!! These remind me so much of camping because we always took these camping for breakfast in the morning. So any way I make these is good for me!! I am sure you have all seen a version of these but I save time by using pre-cooked bacon.
2 pkgs. pre-cooked bacon
1 pkg. little smokies
1-2 C. brown sugar
So here is what I did:
Tear each bacon piece into two pieces, wrap a piece around a little smokey, place in a crock pot. Repeat this process until all is done. Now take a good handful of brown sugar and put into a bowl, how much you use depends on how sweet you want them, next put in a good TBS of pepper if you are using less than 2 cups of brown sugar just use less pepper(trust me this is good), mix up and sprinkle over the smokies. Turn on low and let cook for a couple hours then turn on warm. Now my crockpot doesn't have a warming button so I turn on low for a couple hours then I just turn it off and let them sit in the crockpot. They never last that long to worry about them getting cold anyway. These are soooooo gooooood!!
Next is my Banana Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting:
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3-4 medium over ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose or whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Frost with frosting when cooled.
Peanut Butter Frosting:
1 16oz container of cream cheese frosting
4 oz cream cheese, softened
2 TBS butter softened
1/4-1/2 C. peanut butter
Mix all with an electric mixer and spread on cake. You can use 1/4c peanut butter or 1/2 cup depending on how much peanut butter flavor you want. This is such a quick way to make a great tasting frosting without all the work. Hope you enjoy!!
More from food